The Hydrogen Analysis Resource Center provides some online calculation tools to assist you.
- Hydrogen Threshold Cost Calculator - uses gasoline price and fuel economy ratio to calculate the cost of hydrogen that would be equivalent to a gallon of gasoline, on a per-mile basis.
- Energy Equivalency of Fuels - computes the amount of each fuel necessary to provide the same energy as 1 kg of hydrogen, 1 million cubic feet natural gas, 1 barrel of crude oil, or 1 gallon of other fuels, based on lower heating values.
Hydrogen Conversions Calculator - converts between four popular phase points of hydrogen:
- liquid at boiling point (-252.87°C at 1 atm).
- gas at Normal Temperature and Pressure (NTP = 20°C at 1 atm).
- gas at standard conditions (15.6°C at 1 atm).
- gas at standard conditions (0°C at 1 atm).
- Hydrogen Heating Values on Mass Basis - calculates energy content of a certain amount of hydrogen based on the mass in kg or lb.
- Lower and Higher Heating Values of Fuels - calculates fuel parameters for hydrogen and various solid, liquid, and gaseous fuels.
- Equation of State Calculator - provides a full equation of state that can be used over the temperature range 13.957 K to 400 K at pressures to 1210 bar; calculates isothermal, isobaric, and isochoric properties for hydrogen in units specified by the user (developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology).
- Unit Conversion Calculator - contains conversion factors to convert units of weight, volume, distance, etc.
- Financial Calculator - calculates simple financial and/or economic parameters, such as present value of a future amount, future value of a present amount, present value of an annuity, levelized cost, etc,. based on user-supplied assumptions about discount rates and number of years.
If you have comments or questions on calculations or conversion factors, please contact us.